englishtimeenglishtimeenglishtime
Most Viewed Topics

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

4 Pages<1234>
cobephuthuy20042003
#36 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 8:53:43 AM(UTC)
cobephuthuy20042003

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 34 post(s)

IELTS 6 - SPEAKING TEST 4

Note:

Idioms

IELTS words

---------------------------------------------------------

PART 1.

Do you prefer to have one particular friend or a group of friends? [Why?]

I prefer to have one particular friend. As people usually say "Many men, many minds", I think a group of friends sometimes makes us complicated in deciding something. That's why I'd like to have only a particular friend.

What do you like doing most with your friend/s?

There are many things I like doing with my friends such as chatting, shopping or taking photos together etc, but the thing I like most is a stroll on streets in the evenings. We can see people and outdoor activities galore. It's a good way to relax and do exercise simultaneously.

Do you think it's important to keep in contact with friends you knew as a child? [Why / Why not?]

In my opnion, it's significant to keep in contact with our childhood's friends. As you all know, friendship in childhood always cleaves to purity and impartiality. Therefore, by keeping in contact, we'll have chances of reviewing childish memories that we will never find out when we're mature.

What makes a friend into a good friend?

It appears that honesty plays the most important factor which makes a friend into a good friend. None of us wants to be cheated by the others. Friendship can never be permanent if we are not honest to our friend. Besides, generosity is seen as part of being a good friend. We always know that every man has his fault, so forgiving others' blunders is a way a good friend does.

PART 3

Important choices

What are the typical choices people make at different stages of their lives?

It's bound to say that there are three different stages of life. When we are children, our choices are mainly about eating and playing, which looks very simple. Till we are grown up, we have to face up with many alternatives exceedingly complicated and important. Choices will affect the rest of our lives as they are about schools, vocations and marriages etc. This is the decisive stage of our lives, which requires us to be judicious and astute enough to make right decisions. The final stage is when we are old. We spend most of the time choosing entertainment and enjoying life with family in peace and comfort.

Should important choices be made by parents rather than by young adult?

In my opnion, important choices should be made by young adults. As we all know, each one has his own life, and making choices is a way we're making our lives. The alternatives may be right or wrong, but that is what we'd chosen ourselves. Moreover, parents and young adults are two different generations, which can make thoughts and decisions between them inappropriate for each other.

Why do some people like to discuss choices with other people?

As I see it, some people like to discuss choices with other people for two reasons. The first one is for people who don't have their own viewpoints. They are pliable by others' thoughts. The disadvantages for them is that seldom do they keep their end up. The second reason is for ones who have an inquiring mind. They scrutinize from many sides before giving the final decision for their choices. This is an astute way to avoid blunders.

Choices in everyday life

What kind of choices do people have to make in their everyday life?

As the variety of life, people are offered a wide range of choices in their daily lives. We make choices in food, beverage, entertainment etc. Choices make our lives more interesting and less boring. Simultaneously, making choices is a way we create a better life and discover new things for ourselves.

Why do some people choose to do the same things every day? Are there any disadvantages in this?

People choose to do the same things year in, year out because they want to have a peaceful life. They think challenges and changes are inappropriate for them. They are content with the present and hesitant with difficulties when they do something new.

There are some disadvantages in this. Firstly, they don't have chances of discovering new things outside their boring lives. Secondly, they will lose useful skills in solving troubles. As a result, day by day, it will be hard for them to dance to another tune if they want to do.

Do you think that people today have more choices to make today than in the past?

I will definitely concur with that opnion. As the development of society, the outlooks for our jobs, food, entertainments and many things in daily life are more various and complicated than in the past. The more alternatives we have, the better we can upgrade our lives by scrutinizing and making our best choices.

Hong_thao
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:08:40 AM(UTC)
Hong_thao

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Speaking test 4-ielts 6:
Part 1: Your friends

Do you prefer to have one particular friend or a group of friends? why?

Now, I have not only one particular friend, but also a group of friends. To me, what kind of friend is not important. There is a saying, “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. Therefore, friends are always beside me to help me extricate from bad things and encourage me to do best things. That is the most important criterion. A particular friend or a group of friends is appropriatefor me as long as they understand me. So, I like having both.

What do you like doing most with your friends?

There are things galore which I would like to do with my friends. The most frequent activity is that we often congregate at one place and subsequently we go karaoke to sing together. I like this activity because I can sing well. Moreover, we also convene at our birthday parties. At these parties, we eat many dishes and we can paint the town red. In conclusion, after all parties, I feel very happy and comfortable.

Do you think it’s important to keep in contact with friends you knew as a child?

In my view, it is important to keep in contact with friends I knew as a child. Firstly, if we keep in contact with our old friends, we can expand our relationships. Secondly, we can also congregate our old friends to chat or pay a visit to old teachers. Lastly, if we have many friends, we will have more and more fun.

What makes a friend into a good friend?

To become a friend is easy, but to be a good friend is very difficult. To me, a good friend always encourages me to do the best. She never makes cracks about me with other people. Beside that her characters should be appropriate for mine. In addition, she will be a friend whom I can tell all things. These reasons will make a friend into a good friend.
Part 2: describe an important choice you had to make in your life
Talking about an important choice, until now, I just made only one important choice. It happened two years ago. At that time, I had to attend in a university entrance exam. For the time being, I was thinking about two universities simultaneously which are flagships in Vietnam. They are banking university and university of economics.
Banking university has a good aspect because it is a stone’s throw away from my house. However, its score in the previous entrance exam was 22, which was a high score. I felt that I was not confident to sit for the exam of this university. For the time being, my mother told to me that she wanted me to pass the exam in the first test. Therefore, after reflection, I decided to enroll in university of economic.
As you know, entrance exams are very difficult for students and I am not an exception. Beside that university of economic had over 22000 students enrolling in it. This means that my chance of getting into that university was in jeopardy.  I had to study hard. I had been burning the candles at both ends for a long time.
Finally, the day I knew my score came. I can not describe my feeling. Who used to sit for an entrance exam can understand my feeling. I was very happy then.
Time flies. It has been two years. Now, I can say with you that I have made a judicious choice. Until now, I have never regretted about my choice. Although economic university is far from my house, I feel comfortable and study well.
What I want to advice you is that when you choose a university or a job, you should base on your ability and take time for reflection before making decision.

Part 3:

Important choices

What are the typical choices people make at different stages of their lives?

At one stage of life, we have different choices galore. When I was a child, I just chose simple choices. For example, which dress I would wear, what food I might eat or what games I can play with my friends, etc. Now, I have many complicated things to make besides simple ones. For instance, I had to choose which university to enroll in. This affects my future. When we are old, we will face with more important choices. These choices can affect our family such as our future job, husband or wife, etc.

Should important choices be made by parents rather than by young adults?

In my view, important choices should be made by parents because of many reasons. First of all, parents who have had many experiences  in their lives and they live longer than us can help us make good choices. Second, young adults do not have reflections in their problems. Their choices can be affected by the trend or other people easily. After a short time, they will change their choices. This will lead to jeopardy. Lastly, parents who understand their children clearly will help them make judicious choices which are appropriate for their children.

Why do some people like to discuss choices with other people?

To me, I also discuss my choices with my parents and friends. Maybe that other people used to make these choices like me and they have experiences to advice me. They will give their opinions about my problem and these opinions can be necessary for me. However, after all opinions and advices, I have to base on my favorites and abilities as well as reflection before making decision. Therefore, discussing with other people does not affect my decision very much.
Choices in everyday life

What kind of choices do people have to make in their everyday life?

In our everyday life, we have two kinds of choices. The first is simple choices which happen as a habit such as food, drink, clothes, etc. The second is complicated and temporary choices. For instance, how to solve this problem or that problem, which transportations you will use, example bus or motorbike, how to say sorry with your friends, etc.

Why do some people choose to do the same things every day? Are there any disadvantages in this?

People choose to do the same things every day because they do not want to be at risk if they choose other things. I think that this will create some disadvantages. May be other things will be better than the old things. When we choose others, we can change our lives and make our lives more enjoyable and new.

Do you think that people today have more choices to make today than in the past?

People today have more choices to make than in the past. Because of high technology, we have more brands to choose, more kinds of food, transportations, schools, etc. For example, in the past my grandparents just ate rice. Now, besides rice, we also have bread, spaghetti, instant noodle, etc.

Edited by user Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:08:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LâmPro
#38 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 8:10:13 PM(UTC)
LâmPro

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"
LatentStyleCount="267"> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/>

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/>
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Speaking Part 1 page 31 :IELTS 5

1-    1. Which part of your country do most people live in?

Most people in Viet Nam live in plains like North Vietnamese plain, the Mekong delta. In addition, civilians settle in beach plains. That there are favorable living conditions galore in plains attracts people to live there.

2-    2.Tell me about the main industries there.

Some of the major industries in the plain are farming, forestry, mining, and the oil and gas industries to consume domestic and export. These occupations provide the people with good paying jobs and good lifestyles.  So they help to reduce social evils.

3-    How easy is it to travel around your country?

It is very convenient to travel around my country, providing that you can afford to pay for expenses. You just need to phone the ticket agency to book a seat in advance and the drivers will pick you up at any time you request. Furthermore, transportation system in my country is getting more and more improved. You can travel by air route, roads, railway, tunnels, waterways and so on.

4-    Has your country changed much since you were a child?

Yes, my country has changed so much that I can not believe it! As I was a child, my country was very quiet and peaceful. In the past, there were no facilities, infrastructures , banks, hotels, buildings galore.  Now schools and hospitals  have been erected in the remote area. Children have more opportunity to obtain knowledge. Civilians take advantage of being looked after better than in the past.

Nếu không làm thử, không cố gắng, bạn mãi mãi không biết mình rốt cục có thể làm được việc gì.
Nhi_nguyen
#39 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:41:45 AM(UTC)
Nhi_nguyen

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Famous people in your country

What kind of people become famous people these days?

In my opinion, there are two kinds of people who become famous people these days. First of all, people are famous because of their real talents. They are scientists, inventors, singers, actors, rich and successful people. The second kind of famous people is people who are known by their scandals. They do anything to be famous. They do not concern about things they do right or not.

Is this different from the kind of achievement that made people famous in the past? In what way?

To be a famous person, I think there are ways galore and nowadays, these ways are usually different from those in the past. As you see, many years ago, a famous person was usually a hero, a heroin, a king and so on but now, you do not have to fight the aggressors or rule a country to become famous. To be famous, I think people nowadays can choose many ways such as inventing new things, or showing their talents by becoming singers or actors and so on.

How do you think people will become famous in the future?

I think that people will become famous or not depends on the way that people want to be famous or not. Some people do not want to be famous; they just want to be a civilian and live a normal life. On the other hand, many people want to achieve fame. They want everyone to know them, so they will try to do things by hook or by crook to become famous.

Being in the public eye

What are the good things about being famous? Are there any disadvantages?

Of course, every thing has two aspects. Being famous can help you have the adherence, everyone will know and praise you and your name can appear on many newspapers. Moreover, because you want to be famous, you have to try yourself to achieve it. It helps you show your ability. However, being famous also brings many disadvantages. You may become a selfish person, you have no time for your family, and especially you do not know friends around you are good friends or they just take advantage of you. You may be under fire.

How does the media in your country treat famous people?

Like everywhere else, I think the media in my country also do things that the media in any country do to treat famous people. When you are famous, they will praise you on their newspaper and they want to know every thing about you. Even they can follow you every time, every where.

Why do you think ordinary people are interested in the lives of famous people?

I think there are many reasons to explain why ordinary people are interested in the lives of famous people. The first reason is they are not famous, so they want to know about lives of the famous people. The second reason is they concern about if  famous people commit crimes or harm others’ lives.

CAPTAIN BEAR
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:40:05 AM(UTC)
CAPTAIN BEAR

Groups: ETF Moderator

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 67 post(s)

@antilan: Bạn gấu ơi, sao mình thấy phần 3 sample test. Đa số thấy trả lời là In My Opinion, như vậy có bị trừ điểm do lặp từ không.

=> Chắc là sẽ bị trừ. Nên thay bằng 'I think, In my point of view..'

Với lại mình thấy là thường trong IELTS test, mình nghĩ là trong test người ta không để mình answer phần 3 dài như vậy đâu, trả lời khoảng 3 câu là đủ. Bạn nghĩ thế nào ?

=> Trả lời khoảng 3, 4 câu là ok. Nhưng ở đây, còn quan trọng ở tốc độ nói nữa. Nếu mình nói giỏi (tốc độ tốt, không ê, a, phát âm tốt, ideas tốt..) thì trả lời hơn 3, 4 câu vẫn rất ok.

1 user thanked CAPTAIN BEAR for this useful post.
twinkle_star_tho_143 on 11/26/2010(UTC)
newsdealer_2010
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:06:12 PM(UTC)
newsdealer_2010

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

SPEAKING
(Page 31, IELTS 5)
PART 1:
1.     Which part of your country do most people live in?
Well, as far as I know in Viet Nam the Red River Delta is a place where most people live.  The Red River Delta belongs to the North region of Viet Nam; it includes ten provinces and cities with the average population of over 19.6 millions in 2009 which accounts for 22.8% of the whole country population.
2.     Tell me about the main industry in there?
There are many industries in the Red River Delta such as thermo-electric, metallurgical, mechanical and chemical industry. However among them, the metallurgical industry is the main industry with a lot of factories that appear in most provinces. Also the building materials industry and chemical industry are the main ones in there. Talk about building materials industry, in the Red River Delta, there are many kinds of land such as alluvial soil, Feralit soil, etc which are the sources galore to serve the building materials industry. And finally, let us take a look at the chemical industry, we can see that it has been in the Red River Delta for a long time and nowadays it is strongly developing in various ways. I think in the future it will be the symbol for this area.
3.     How easy is it to travel around your country?
I make sure that when you first plan to come to Viet Nam for a visit, you will have to read various Viet Nam travel guides as well as surf the internet to find out the information of any tourist attractions in Viet Nam, and you want to get to know how easy to tour around Viet Nam. I think that is something which you should have done. In reality, you will be amazed just how easy it is to get around by bus, train, private vehicles with a driver and domestic flights. All means of transportation are easily accessible, efficient and extremely good value. In the terms of finance, it is really simple for you to exchange any foreign currency into VND and you can do that anywhere. The transportation and accommodation options are available and appropriate to all budgets.
4.     Has your country changed much since you were a child?
In comparison with Viet Nam when I was a child, Viet Nam now is a different kettle of fish. When I was little, Viet Nam is just a newly independent country; there were many troubles in the early stage of the process of innovation. The economy was slowly developing; the government was still launching the close-door policy in economy. Nowadays, we are in the modern age. We took the whole country into the stage of integration with the world economy. Viet Nam extricated from the top of the poor countries and wrote the name into the list of the developing countries. The country is named as one of the “Asian Tigers” with the annual growth rate around 8% per year.
PART 2: Describe a well-known person you like or admire.
Well, I am going to talk about my mathematical idol who has been recently honored at the International Congress of Mathematicians 2010 held in India. The person that I am mentioning is Professor Ngo Bao Chau. He was born in 1972 in the capital city of Ha Noi in a studious family. He had showed a special aptitude for mathematics right from the time he was high school student at the Gifted High School of Ha Noi National University of Natural Sciences. After graduating from high school, he constantly improved his talent with the help of many math professors in Viet Nam as well as all around the world. The result of that occurred on August 19, 2010 with the fact that he won the Fields Metal for his work of proving the basic result called “the fundamental lemma” in the Langland program that was thought as “an ambitious and revolutionary theory” a long time ago. He gained the greatest prize that many countries desire and he is the first Vietnamese to earn the honor prize. It is really easy to say that he is a credit to Viet Nam. For that reason, he earned the respect and admiration of me as well as everyone living in Viet Nam.
PART 3:
1.     What kind of people become famous people these days?
Personally, I think nowadays every kind of people can all become famous even they are farmers or normal workers in factories. However, in my point of view, people who work as a singer would be the easiest ones to become celebrities because they serve a wide cycle of audience on a regular basis with their emotive voice as well as their good-looking appearance. Thus, it will be easy for them to earn the respect and admiration of everyone.
2.     Is this different from the kind of achievement that made people famous in the past? In what way?
As far as I am concerned, the kind of accomplishment that made people well-known in the past is different from the one these days. You know, people in the modern age are much more intelligent than the ones in the past. Therefore, if the modern age people want to become celebrities they have to accomplish much more than what people did in the past. For instance, in the past, Isaac Newton became famous for his three laws of motion; but nowadays most people all know and apply the three laws of motion but they do not become renowned at all.
3.     How do you think people will become famous in the future?
In my opinion, whether or not people can become well-known in the future is all dependent upon themselves. If they want to be famous in the future, right now they have to do something that is useful to build and improve their skills. As they are proficient at their skills, it will be really easy for them to become celebrities.
Being in the public eye
1.     What are the good things about being famous? Are there any disadvantages?
To my knowledge, there are many advantages for being celebrities. The first thing will be money. When people become well-known, they tend to be much richer than before because they have a wide effect on public that leads to the public’s support for what they do. The second is that being famous people would have a great opportunity to make advance in career and do charity. On the other hand, being famous also has a bad thing. Celebrities have to be careful when being interviewed; they have to live an unpleasant life because something that they show the public can cause the trouble for their promotion in the future. 
2.     How do the media in your country treat famous people?
You know, the media is a double – edged sword. On one hand, thanks to the media, people can become well – known throughout the country even cross the world. However, media is also a major factor that causes celebrities to forfeit their fans for something such as a sober error in a performance.
3.     Why do you think ordinary people are interested in the lives of famous people?
In my point of view, most civilians often have an interest in the celebrities’ lives because they want to know what celebrities’ lifestyle is, how they are living… they start considering that whether these things are useful for being famous people. Yet, sometimes, people are interested in the lives of celebrities with the evil eye. They want to find something wrong in the celebrities’ lives and inform the media in order to topple celebrities.

Edited by user Friday, October 22, 2010 12:22:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked newsdealer_2010 for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 10/20/2010(UTC)
Hoa Ngọc Trâm
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:29:27 AM(UTC)
Hoa Ngọc Trâm

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

IELTS 5 – SPEAKING - TEST 1 - PAGE 31

û  Which part of your country do most people live in?

According to the recent census, the most populous part in my country is southern Vietnam, especially Ho Chi Minh City. Firstly, the natural conditions include a temperature climate and fewer calamities, which creates the good environment for life. Secondly, Ho Chi Minh City, one of the five centrally governed cities, is known as the most developed town in Vietnam about economy, culture, education, etc.

û  Tell me about the main industries there.

At this time, Vietnam is still a developing country, which is why almost light industries in my country are dominant such as paper, milk, footwear, and textile. Besides, the Vietnam government also invests in heavy industries including productions of machine and materials like oil, coal, steel and chemicals.

û  How easy is it to travel around your country?

In my opinion, nowadays, traveling around my country is convenient and fast. To travel in short distance, most people prefer to travel by car because of its cheap cost and comfort in the ticket booking. For long distance from one area to another one, train is the efficient solution since traveling by train is safer and faster than by car with nearly the same price. Moreover, plane is the fastest travelling but the price is also as high as its quality.

û  Has your country changed much since you were a child?

A bunch of changes in my country is processing day by day. Since I was a child, the environment was actually fresh as we lived at the slow pace. However, the quality of life was lower and less convenient. Now, time changes all. With the high speed living, we affect activities galore on nature to make our lives more easy-going. Because we reap as we sow, now we have to suffer many strange and complicated problems.

Edited by user Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:04:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Hoa Ngọc Trâm for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 10/21/2010(UTC)
Pe_(v)j
#43 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 4:46:07 AM(UTC)
Pe_(v)j

SPEAKING - IELTS 5- TEST 1

22000 words

idioms

PART 3:

In my opinion, people who become famous these days are singers. Firstly, music entartainment in our country is developing very fast. Simultaneously, it is also influenced by other developed countries. Secondly,civilians' busy lives and pressure in works make them feel tired. Therefore, those singers with their good songs helped people feel comfortable and reduce stress.

Is this different from the kind  of achievement that made people famous in the past? In what way?

As I see it, there are many differences between famous people in now and in the past. In the past, people were teachers, writers or poets. They were famous because og their genuine talents. They had to try and face to a lot of challenges to achieve what they want. However, time changes and now people who become famous because of their talents are a rariry. Most are known for good-looking, scandals or something like that.

In my opinion, there are two ways to be famous. The first way is that people have to come up with their own abilities. They must prove their talents for everyone to see so everyone will love and support them. The second way is that people use scandals to have civilians' attentions. However, this way is not permanent because there is a saying: "Easy come, easy go".

What are the good things about being famous? Are there any disadvantanges?

I think there are many good things about being famous. Firstly, you wiil be well known with your talents and you will have many fans that always love and support you with cordiality. Secondly, you can profits from it and your monthly income is double or triple than the normal. Besides, there are some disadvantages in this. Because you are the person of public, you will lose the personal freedom. When you go somewhere, you must be careful about all of your actions to avoid scandals. Simultaneously, you have to work with a busy schedule from morning to night, even until midnight. This probably will affect your health.

In my country, journalists are the ones who are the first to have information about famous people. They always appear at the right time when famous people are in trouble or in the vital events. If the famous people are successful in their fields or they do right things, journalists will right good articles for them. In contrast, they are ready to criticize when famous people have scandals.

Personally, I think ordinary people are interested in the lives of famous people because they are curious. They want to know all things related to famous people such as private lives, private secrets and hobbies. Even, they wish they could have a luxury life like famous people.

Edited by user Friday, October 22, 2010 4:47:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Pe_(v)j for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 10/22/2010(UTC)
annypham
#44 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 12:12:36 PM(UTC)
annypham

IELTS 5 - SPEAKING TEST 1:  part 2 & 3 – page 31

Part 2: Describe a well-known person you like or admire

Bill Gates was an American business magnate, author and chairman of Microsoft, a software corporation which he founded with Paul Allen. Financial Times puts him at the top of list not just because his Microsoft helped to revolutionize the use of PCs and made Bill Gates the world’s richest man but because he used his wealth to become the world’s greatest philanthropist.

He is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution. His products are widespread and user-friendly, such as: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Windows, etc which have helped millions of PC users to do office jobs as well as to manage their businesses everyday. His Microsoft has created grandiose and durable empire in the software industry. Ask folks to pick one word to describe Microsoft’s technology roadmap in the 1990s and you will commonly get “CAIRO” in response.

In 2000, he formed Bill & Mellinda Gates Foundation which is dedicated to bringing innovation in health, development and learning to the global community. In 2006, he gradually transferred his duties in Microsoft to his colleagues and has taken full-time work at this foundation. It has an endowment of 33.5 billion from Bill Gates as of December 31, 2009. A huge contribution in charity has taken him to the leader of the world’s greatest philanthropist.

Being famous and rich is a dream of many one of us, however, rarely do we think for the others once we have a fulfillment of our dream. It is very difficult to convince someone to donate the majority of their wealth, but Bill Gate is going on different way. He is using his wealth to help unlucky people, to make a better life for global community. That makes him the greatest man ever!

Part 3:

-         What kind of people become famous people these days?

I think that there are two kinds of people who are able to become famous these days. Firstly, they are real talents; they have made great effort in long-term for practicing and cultivating their ability. They have gone a long way to become famous. The second kind is persons who are famous by making effort on scandals. Probably, they have beauty, money or good relationship, etc nevertheless; they are lacking talents, virtuous life, motivation spirit, etc  and unfortunately, they desire being famous. Therefore, they have done any ways, any things to be famous.

-         How do we think people will become famous in the future?

If you want to be well-known in the future, I thought that you have to spend your time finding out what your abilities are, then learn and improve yourself day by day. Even if you were talent from birth, but you had overlooked practicing and just chased the fame, your reputation will not be long-lasting.

- What are the good things of being famous? Are there any disadvantages?

On one hand, when you are a celebrity, you might get being wealthy, powerful and respectful. Sometimes, these things are extremely outstanding with others. On the other hand, fame can bring big troubles to your life, such as being followed everywhere and every time by paparazzi, loosing freedom, and having prudent word of mouth, etc.When you are famous, you can not live a life of a normal person!

-         How does the media in your country treat famous people?

Media is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and Vietnam is not an exception. Nowadays, media companies have poped up like mushroom, therefore, they have to salvage even tiny mistakes, or sensitive information of celebrities to occupy more market share. It does not mean that all media companies gradually become rag, but the majority of them are running after profit by using celebrity’s reputation.

Edited by user Monday, October 25, 2010 12:18:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cobephuthuy20042003
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:22:07 AM(UTC)
cobephuthuy20042003

IELTS 5 - SPEAKING TEST 1

PART 3

As I see it, the kind of people who become famous these days are mostly in entertainment. They can be singers, actors, actresses or models. They create styles, fashion and trends for our society, first and foremost teenagers, to follow them.

Is this different from the kind of achievement that made people famous in the past? In what way?

There are some differences from the kind of achievement in the past. In the past, teachers and writers were very famous. They were respected for their wide and deep knowledge. Nowadays, however, people are not roof and branch smart to be famous. Some people are just famous because they are good-looking, have a little talent and especially because they are wealthy as they think money opens most doors.

I predict that it will have two ways of being famous in the future. In the first one, people will try their utmost abilities to achieve great success in science, education or work. The other way is that they may create scandals to attract civilians' attention. This way doesn't require much of their efforts, but the fame will be fragile, as we usually say easy come easy go.

Being in the public eye

It will definitely say that being famous has both boons and drawbacks. Famous people can use their fame to do charity. Besides, they can be very conspicuous when they are in a multitude. However, the other side of the coin is that they don't have their own privacies. They are monitored everywhere and everytime. That is called "you can't have your cake and eat it".

Journalists and famous people always have an interdependent relationship. However, media sometimes abuse their power to pick to pieces shortcomings in others' private lives intolerably. They make up unreal stories to attract readers. Therefore, their articles are usually insipid and shallow. These are things a famous person who has to please everyone faces.

As we have seen, the lives of  famous people usually cleaves to the definition of perfection and meretriciousness. They always appear in public with the most fashionable and luxurious appearances. It means that they by chance have interesting private lives for ordinary people to stick on.

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 3:58:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

truc ngan
#46 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:32:37 PM(UTC)
truc ngan

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)

IELTS 5, TEST 1

Notes: idiom
           ielts words

PART 1: Your country
Which part of your country do most people live in?
As I see it, most people in my country usually live in big cities and main point economic regions, such as, Ho Chi Minh city, Ha Noi capital, Hai Phong, Dong Nai, Da Nang and so on. It seems that these regions attract many denizens because they are great economic, industrial and service centers in my country that make many vocations. Also, people live in these regions have higher living standard. 
Tell me about the main industries there
It seems that Ho Chi Minh City where I am living now is the biggest industry center in my country. It is famous for heavy industries such as, Metallurgy industry, mechanical industry, power industry, etc. Besides, Ho Chi Minh city is also well-known for gathering many light industries such as, paper industry, milk industry, garment industry, etc.
How easy is it to travel around your country?
I am not sure but I think that traveling around my country is quite easy. You can use many means of transport such as, buses, cars, coaches, motorbikes, planes, or even ferry-boats, canoes, etc in waterway regions However, in my city, traveling is quite hard because of traffic jams.
Has your country changed much since you were a child?
I accede that my country has changed much since I was a child. In the past, people in my country always lived in destitution, not enough food to eat and enough clothes to wear. However, my country is highly developed. Therefore, our lives are gradually improved and advanced. Our living standards are higher and higher year in, year out.
PART 2: Describe a well-known person you like or admire                         
If I have to describe a well-known person whom I like and admire most, I think that person will be definitely Barack Obama. I am sure that when I call his name, all of you will think about a person who is the first African American president, the 44th and current president of the United States. Also, he is known as one of the youngest president of United States. On 9th October 2009, he was awarded Nobel Peace Prize for international diplomatic consolidation. Barak Obama is not only a talented lawyer but also an excellent politician. He is famous for the speech running for the president that mentions about American changes. I really appreciate him because of his cogent speech. In fact, I usually feel ill at ease when I stand in front of a multitude because of my timorousness. I want to become a self-confident person and have eloquence ability , so I consider Barack Obama as my idol I hope that in the future I will become a successful and proficient person like him.

lovelypony
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 4:42:13 PM(UTC)
lovelypony

IELTS 5-TEST 1-PART 1-P.31

LatentStyleCount="267"> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1" />

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title" />
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid" />
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" />
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title" />

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

1.      Which part of your country do most people live in?

HCM City, located on the Sai Gon River, is the largest city in Vietnam where most people reside. It has a population of more than 7 million (2009). It is Vietnam’s major port and an important commercial and industrial center. This is the most active and rapidly developing area in Vietnam. Therefore, a large number of people, especially young labors have migrated to HCM City to find themselves better job opportunities.

2.      Tell me about the main industries there.

Ho Chi Minh City is a major producer of processed foods, such as rice, coffee, and frozen shrimp; glass, plastic, and paper goods; textiles; machinery; chemicals; and building materials. The city has been the most important commercial and industrial center in Vietnam since the beginning of the 20th century, when French colonists and local businesses began to export rice, rubber, and other tropical products.

3.      How easy is it to travel around your country?

Nowadays traveling around my country is much easier than in the past owing to recent advances in transport system. Nevertheless, I still find it inconvenient in comparison with other developed countries in the world, especially going to remote villages because there is little public transportation providing those rural routes for passengers and roads haven’t been mended. Moreover, it’s a great pity that traveling in urban areas frequently takes much time because of traffic jams.

4.      Has your country changed much since you were a child?

Yes, it has. My country has evolved rapidly over the fifteen past years. Many experts have remarked that economic and social development of my country has been a phenomenon in Asia, which has been substantiated by the high speed of GDP growth and the considerable improvement of the quality of life. Many poor households have extricated themselves from poverty. As a result, more and more children have attended school and perception of citizens has been significantly upgraded. Besides, Internet has been generalized to the public to access new things.

Edited by user Monday, November 08, 2010 4:56:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pe_(v)j
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:52:28 PM(UTC)
Pe_(v)j

IELTS 5 TEST 2

PART 1:

What's your favorite color?

The color which I like most is green. First of all, green is a natural color. It brings a good felling and fresh to me when I see it. Second, green symbolizes hope and I have many hopes to make my dreams come true. Therefore, I have a weakness for green.

Do you like the same colors now as you did when you were younger?

When I was a child, I actually liked many kinds of colors. I thought maybe I was too young to enjoy a certain color. Therefore, my clothes had many colors such as pink, blue, yellow etc. Year in year out, my hobby also changes and now I like green very much.

What you can learn about a person from the colors they like?

In my opinion, colors which people like can tell a lot about them, especially their characteristic. For example, those people who prefer green always show true character, good help, like care and support people around them. With proper way to keep their own secrets and know how to respect the privacy of everyone, these people are content with being a listener and sharer.

Do any colors have a special meaning in your culture?

In my culture, the color which has a special meaning is red. Firstly, red symbolizes luck. Secondly, it is the background of the national flag. Simultaneously, red also expresses blood and fire that Vietnamese suffered from the two wars. Therefore, the red flag confirms a pride of resilient, robust and unyielding country.

Edited by user Friday, November 12, 2010 5:18:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

betiteo
#49 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 3:53:10 AM(UTC)
betiteo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

IELTS 5 - Test 2:

Part 1:

1. What’s your favourite colour? [Why?]

A colour has its own beauty and meaning. As far as I am concerned, the color I like most is green. It makes me feel full of peace and vitality, which all of us always desire. Besides, I also like white because it is as pure as the driven snow.

2. Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]

Yes, they are the colours which I liked in the past. When I was just a child, I liked to look at the green rice-fields and floating clouds, which gives me feeling of peace and comfort. Up to now, I also like to do this to take a rest when I am fatigued and stressed.

3. What can you learn about a person from the colours they like?

Personally, I think that the colours a person likes  can express his personalities. For example, people who like warm colours, such as red, yellow,… are often aggressive; on the contrary, people who like cool colours, such as green, blue… often have an internal life and like quiet places.

4. Do any colours  have a special meaning in your culture?

In my opinion, there are many colours that have a particular meaning in my culture. For example, red represents braveness and power while black expresses luxuriousness and mysteriousness, yellow represent merriness while brown expresses sorrowfulness. What I’m saying is that every colour has its own special meaning.

Edited by user Friday, November 12, 2010 3:55:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LâmPro
#50 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 6:02:14 PM(UTC)
LâmPro

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Ielts 5 - Test 2 - Part 1

LatentStyleCount="267"> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1" />

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid" />
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" />
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference" /> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title" />

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;

- What’s your favourite colour? Why? My favourite colour is blue. Blue is the overwhelming “favourite colour”. Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable, and committed. The colour of ocean and sky, blue is perceived as the constant in our lives. As the collective colour of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming.

- Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger? When I was a child, I enjoyed watching “Journey to the west” movie so much and my idol was Ton Ngo Khong at that time. Hence, I liked yellow which is the decisive colour of this character. Now I am watching “One Piece” movie and I am attracted to Luffy’s character so much. However, I do not like his yellow straw hat, representing him. I like blue ocean, exercising him.

- What can you learn about a person from the colours they like? If you know someone’s favourite colour, you will understand somewhat them. Colours show the characteristic and taste of human. For example, some people who like black want to solve a problem definitively. Others will find a solution for everything moderately if they like white and so forth. 

- Do any colours have a special meaning in your culture? From my point of view, yellow and red which are the two main colours of our national flag, have an important signification in my country. Red represents revolution. Yellow is the traditional colour of VietNam. The five petal – yellow star – red flag is our country’s soul and pride.

Nếu không làm thử, không cố gắng, bạn mãi mãi không biết mình rốt cục có thể làm được việc gì.
newsdealer_2010
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:33:03 AM(UTC)
newsdealer_2010

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

LatentStyleCount="267"> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/>

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/>
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

SPEAKING

(IELTS 5, Test 2, Page 54, Part 1)

Color:

1.    What is your favorite color?

Actually, Green is a particular favorite of mine. You know, green is a color of nature, fertility and life. Also it is a safe color and symbolizes a sincere friendship. You can put some green in your life when you want a new state of balance and a freedom to pursue new ideas.

2.     Do you like the same colors now as you did when you were younger?

Well, when I was a child, my mom led me to love green. She usually bought green shirts as well as T-shirts for me. At first I did not like them at all, however after a while wearing them I got a feeling of comfort and I became more and more like green. Nowadays, I am a grown-up, green is also my favorite color. I think it will lead my way to success.

3.     What can you learn about a person from the color they like?

As far as I know, by looking at the color that a person likes you can measure what their character is. For instance, a green person is very sensitive. They like to be natural, casual, relaxed, friendly and loving. However they can be easily hurt emotionally.

4.     Do any colors have a special meaning in your culture?

You know what, color is all around us. We can see it all the time and most of us have no idea the impact color has on our lives. Well, as far as I am concerned, each color always has a certain meaning which interests me so much. For example, red is the warmest of all colors. It symbolizes the action, confidence and the danger. Pink color is a color of universal love. It is a quiet color. And you know what, a pink carnation means “I will never forget you”.

princess_vulephuong
#52 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 2:15:24 PM(UTC)
princess_vulephuong

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Presentation 5 - Part 1:

1.      What’s your favorite color? [Why?]
Personally, the colors I like are yellow, red and green. You know, each color has its own meaning. Yellow presents the defiance. Red presents the activity. Green symbolizes the friendliness. And maybe they have always been in my character.

2.      Do you like the same colors now as you did when you were younger? [Why? Why not?]
Yes, at any time. Since to me yellow, red and green are the dominant colors. It is probably because I am energetic and upbeat most of the time and if any color is of high energy and upbeat it would be yellow, red, and green. Moreover, when I am stressful, I always find the comfort as I paint pictures with these colors.

3.      What can you learn about a person from the colors they like?
In my opinion, the colors symbolize the characters. Red means the enthusiasm; yellow is cunning; green means sympathy; black presents calm and so on. Nowadays, we can learn more about persons when seeing their favorite colors.

4.      Do any colors have a special meaning in your culture?
When you see our national flag, you can be impressed by red on it. Our national color has the yellow star in centre and the red background; it contains a special meaning. The star presents the nation solidarity and the red is our traditional color. Furthermore, in lunar New Year, we tend to decorate our houses, our trees with many things in red; because we think it will bring luck into our new year.

Edited by user Saturday, November 13, 2010 2:16:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

To live to share[img][/img]
cobephuthuy20042003
#53 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:18:41 PM(UTC)
cobephuthuy20042003

TEST 2 - IELTS 5

Idiom

IELTS words

PART 1

What's your favorite color? [Why?]

My favorite colors are black and white. I like them because they are easy to combine with others when I wear clothes. Another reason is that they always have straightforward manifestation in everything like the idiom "in black and white".

Do you like the same colors now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]

My favorite colors have changed from time to time. When I was young, I love pink because it is bright and youthful. However, when I grew up, I felt that pink is just appropriate for children and I realized that I preferred black and white to pink as I look more stately when I wear clothes in those colors.

What can learn about a person from the colors they like?

In my view, there are many things we can learn about a person from the colors they like. Each color has a meaning about person's character, their outlook in a matter or even a culture of a nation. For instance, in Middle Ages, they believed that yellow was the color of sham, like we say "a yellow dog" nowadays. On the other hand, it is also the color of wealth and prosperousness.

Yes, we have some colors that cleave to some special meanings. Let's say red. It symbolizes our national flag and blood. Many of our heroic civilians had shed their blood for the independence of nation. Another color is green. It is the color of plants and simultaneously, the camouflage battledress of our country during the war. These are decisive colors from our war time until now. They bring us hope and luck to defeat strong enemies.

PART 2

Describe a song or a piece of music you like.

I love listening to music and I have many favorite songs. One of the songs I frequently listen to is a French song named Bonjour Vietnam. It is sung by Pham Quynh Anh, a Vietnamese Belgian girl, who has a beautiful and pianissimo voice. I knew this song through a newspaper. It has been a phenomenon for a long time in both Vietnam and overseas. Many people, especially the overseas Vietnamese, got a lump in their throat, even burst into tears and commended profusely when they heard the song. Obviously, I'm not an exception, every word in this song impressed on my memory with a strange feeling. The word Vietnam, which is resounded in the end of the song, has brought to every listener a holy feeling. All familiar images of Vietnam were mentioned in the song with a tenderly love through her voice. The composer got the sources of inspiration from Quynh Anh herself. He saw an image of Vietnamese women with a graceful act in her and they have evoked him some heart-breaking memories of the war in Vietnam. Temples, statues of Buddha, paddy fields and roads, houses are very familiar to us but she has never seen. That's why the song has that name like this. She wants to say hello to her motherland, to every simple things in that. The song is all overseas Vietnamese's sentiments that were not born in Vietnam but are always tenterhooks to come back to their native country. It has contributed to bring pictures of Vietnam to all over the world.

phan_truc
#54 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 10:58:31 AM(UTC)
phan_truc

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 10 post(s)

SPEAKING TEST 1, IELTS 5

22.000 words

idioms

PART 1:

Tell me the main industries there.

PART 2:

Describe a well-known person you like or admire.

You should say:

who this person is

what this person has done

why this person is well-known

and explain why you admire this person.

PART 3:

Being in the public eye

►►►►►

PART 1:

► In my country, there is an unbalance in the density of citizens. Most people in my country live in urban areas, especially in the two biggest cities which are Hanoi and HCMC. It is a normal phenomenon in every country. Big cities attract people to live in due to their quality of accommodation, the chances of vocations, etc.

Tell me the main industries there.

► In the two prominent cities, the main industries are Economy, Finance and Service. Therefore, it is easy for you to find many edifices, industrial zones, banks, financial companies and services galore. These industrial not only bring the cities the faces of modernization and means but also help their civilians upgrade their standards of living.

► Yes, it is quite easy and convenient for you to travel around my country. It has a net of transportations. If you want to travel around the cities, you can take buses which are systematic or pedicabs which are more special and suitable to dawdle. If you want to travel through longer distance, you can take coaches, trains or planes which are both improved considerably.

► Yes, I concur with that statement. My country has hanged a lot from the time I was a child. The first which is also the noticeable change is its economy. About fifteen years ago, Vietnamese people had to reconstruct their country’s economy from the state of being uprooted by wars, indigence and wrong plans of the government. However, let’s look at what we have achieved nowadays. Year in year out, we have made the economy more and more developed and modern. Secondly, the quality of living has been improved more than in the past. Many people have escaped from poverty. Besides, we live in better conditions than in the past.

PART 2:

The famous person whom I like is a special singer. His name is Ha Anh Tuan. In my opinion, nowadays, there are lots of singers who sing kinds of music galore. Therefore, it is easy for you to have a person to admire and so do I. I remember exactly the first time I listened to him. At that time, he was a competitor in a contest named “Sao mai điểm hẹn”. At that time, the person I wanted to watch was Hoang Hai because I had read an article saying that Hoang Hai was the prominent candidate. However, inadvertently, I could not watch Hoang Hai’s performance but Ha Anh Tuan‘s performance. I really was attracted by the way he sang. He went to town in every melody. I could say that his performance was out of the world. I have many reasons why I admire him. Firstly, he has an outstanding way of singing which distinguishes him with others. It is very natural and simple but precise. Secondly, he is a kind of person who dares to think, dares to do and dares to accept, which influences me most. He had temporarily abdicated his studying in Germany to come back to Vietnam to fulfill his passion of singing. Next, I suppose he is an intelligent singer in the ways of communicating and fashion. And last but not least, what I want to say is that it is very absorbing to have a person to admire.

PART 3:

► In my opinion, nowadays, people have more chances to become famous. Firstly, the people who become well-known are talents in special fields such as singing, acting, the level of knowledge and Information Technology. The second which is also a pity is that some become famous due to their scandals which they may deliberately or inadvertently make up.

► Yes, it is. As far as I am concerned, there are more kinds of achievement that made people famous now than in the past. Firstly, in the past, people were mostly well-known for their outstanding success in studying or their glorious feat of arms. Comparing to now, people have more ways to become famous. Secondly, in the past, if you want to become famous for your great ability in acting, singing, dancing, etc, you must be the best in your country or your regions. Today, you do not need to be the best to become famous, which makes people famous easily.

► I believe that the ways making people famous in the future will certainly differ from now. Firstly, as the technological age advances, people will probably become celebrities for their achievement of brand-new technological inventions. Secondly, it is likely that Internet and Social Network will play a vitally important role in discovering talents and upgrading people’s famousness. 

► In my opinion, everything always has advantages and drawbacks. Let’s talk about the advantages. The first is that you can earn much money, which helps you become affluent and do almost things which need to be done. Secondly, If you are a celebrity, you will be admired and loved by a multitude of fans. Lastly, your luck can rub off on your family. Now, let’s turn to the disadvantages. The first which is also most easily perceived is your private lives. You must be careful in every move if you do not want to have scandals which are the main topics for newspapers. Secondly, many mean people try to make your acquaintance because of wanting to take advantage of your fame.

► Luckily, the media in my country are not as hostile and strict as those in other Western countries. They treat well-known people in the gentle environment, which helps them have more chances to upgrade their talents and fame. However, they are ready to criticize them if possible.

► I have many reason for this fact. Firstly, the reason is that ordinary people are curious about their idols and want to know what famous people is like in genuine lives. Secondly, many people who have sinister ideas are interested in the private lives of the famous people to find their mistakes so that they can uproot their fame.

Edited by user Monday, November 22, 2010 10:59:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pe_(v)j
#55 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:52:31 PM(UTC)
Pe_(v)j

SPEAKING

IELTS 5 TEST 2

PART 2:

• Describe a song or a piece of music you like

Love is always an issue forever and there are so many good songs about love, but the song "No promise" which is performed by Shayne Ward is my favorite song. My crony has introduced me to listen to this song. This is a great ballad about meaning of love. Right from the first time listening to it, I was attracted by gentle tunes, pleasant but deep with burning desire for love. When watching the video clip, I got a lump in my throat. This song is about a young man who died when the love is unfinished. His soul is still attached, come back in the night to watch his lover and to say the last words before dawn. The lyrics are repeated many times to expect his lover to hear him. I have heard this song many times but still have not felt bored because of its simple tunes and because Shayne's performance was out of the world. It makes me recognize that love survives even when we are no longer in this world anymore.

CAPTAIN BEAR
#56 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 6:15:11 AM(UTC)
CAPTAIN BEAR

Groups: ETF Moderator

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 67 post(s)

Trich tu trang web: www.ielts-simon.com

IELTS Speaking Part 2: describe a person

Describe a person you admire.
You should say:

• who the person is
  • what he or she is like
  • and why you admire him or her.

Here are some ideas. I've underlined the best vocabulary.

• I'm going to talk about my father because he has been a major influence in my life.
  • My father was always a good role model for me as I was growing up. He's hard-working, patient and understanding; he's also got a good sense of humour and seems to get on well with everybody. Hopefully I've inherited some of these traits.
  • I admire my father because I think he brought me and my brothers/sisters up well; he was quite strict but always fair, and he has always been someone I can turn to for advice. I think my father set a good example by working hard and having a positive outlook on life. I remember that he used to leave for work early and come home quite late, but he always made time for me and my brothers/sisters.

IELTS Speaking Part 2: describe a festival

A common topic for the short presentation (IELTS Speaking Part 2) is "describe an important festival in your country".

My advice is to look for a description of your festival on Wikipedia. Copy the best parts of the description and make small changes if necessary. As an example, I've copied a short description of Christmas from Wikipedia.

Describe a festival: Christmas

Christmas is an annual holiday that, in Christianity, commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ.

Popular customs of the holiday include gift-giving, music, an exchange of greeting cards, church celebrations, a special meal, and the display of various decorations; including Christmas trees, lights, nativity scenes, and holly. In addition, Father Christmas (known as Santa Claus in some areas) is a popular figure in many countries, associated with the bringing of gifts for children.

Over the Christmas period, people decorate their homes and exchange gifts. In some countries, children perform plays re-telling the events of the Nativity, or sing carols that reference the event. Christmas, along with Easter, is the period of highest annual church attendance.

A special Christmas family meal is an important part of the celebration for many, and what is served varies greatly from country to country. In England and countries influenced by its traditions, a standard Christmas meal includes turkey, potatoes, vegetables, sausages and gravy, followed by Christmas pudding, mince pies and fruit cake.

IELTS Speaking Part 3: common question types

Here are 3 common question types that the examiner could ask you:

1. Compare and contrast.
  2. Give an opinion.
  3. Imagine.

If the topic is 'cities', the examiner could ask:

1. How is life different in cities compared to rural areas?
  2. How do you think life in big cities could be made easier?
  3. What do you think cities will be like in 50 years time?

Here are some answers using ideas from this week's lessons:

1. Firstly, the cost of living in cities is much higher. Housing is much more expensive in cities compared to rural areas; everything costs more. I think life in cities is more difficult. There are more people, so there's more competition for jobs. Life is a lot slower in rural areas, everyone knows each other and there's a sense of community. I don't think rural areas experience the social problems that you find in cities, like crime and homelessness.
  2. In my opinion cities need to be well-planned. Good public transport can definitely make life easier because there are so many people and it can be really stressful just to move around. Public areas like parks are also important because people need space to relax, and I think cities should be made into healthier places to live and work.
  3. I imagine cities will be less polluted because we'll have electric cars and better public transport. More people might work from home so maybe cities won't be so busy. But I think there will probably still be problems because more and more people are migrating to cities. So I'm not so optimistic about issues like crime, homelessness and unemployment.

Edited by user Friday, November 26, 2010 6:19:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked CAPTAIN BEAR for this useful post.
cucku on 11/26/2010(UTC), phatttery on 11/26/2010(UTC)
phatttery
#57 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 11:46:44 AM(UTC)
phatttery

E cám ơn cô nhiều ạ. Theo kinh nghiệm nhiều ng từng thi thì "describe a person (teacher, having influence, favorite artist .....)" hay gặp ở Part 2 lắm ạ.
E cũng đọc các tips ở ELT với facebook Simon lâu giờ ạ. Cô còn biết web của IELTS ex-examiner nào k gởi qua cho e với ạ.

Regards,
Hong_thao
#58 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 3:25:46 PM(UTC)
Hong_thao

Speaking test2-ielts 5

Normal

false
false
false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
mso-para-margin:0in;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Part 1: Colour

What is your favourite colour? why?

There are seven basic colours and my favourite colour is yellow. I have yellow things galore. I used to heard that yellow is the colour of wisdom and stamina. I would like to be a strong person. Besides that, in my eyes, wearing yellow clothes make me feel conspicuous and confident.

Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger?

No, when I was a child, I liked the pink because the princesses in cartoons often wore pink dresses. That was just a childish thinking. Now, I have a weakness for yellow, but I am not sure that is my permanent favourite colour.

What can you learn about a person from the colours they like?

In my view, every colour you like has its exclusive meaning which can say something about your character. For example, black expresses the mystery or if you like pink, you can be a very romantic person.

Do any colours have a special meaning in your culture?

In my culture, there are some colours that have special meanings. The most popular colours are black, white, red and yellow. For example, as you see, at Tet, we often decorate our houses with the red things and yellow ones such as watermelon, lucky money, etc which will bring us a fortunate year.

newsdealer_2010
#59 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:45:21 PM(UTC)
newsdealer_2010

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

SPEAKING

(IELTS 5, Page 54, Part2)

PART 2: Describe a song or a piece of music you like.

Well today I am going to talk about the piece of music that I like the most. In Viet Nam, Teacher’s day is a red-letter day. It is the day when people show their great gratitude to their teachers, and that is the day when the teacher’s acknowledgement is honored. The gratitude is shown not only by means of action but also by the sound of music. There are many songs that praise the teacher to the skies for their career of growing human. However, once at a coffee shop, all of a sudden I listened to a song, which was written by Nguyen Nhat Huy musician, named “Nguoi Thay”. The song belonging to the lyrical music with the earnest lyrics and tone made me evoke the ancient memories of mine which are the things that I never forget in my life. The song made me miss my old teachers who are strict, gentle or who passed away. The teacher in the song is really generous; he overcame the lion’s share of hardship and always devoted to his students. The song with the soft and smooth tone helped me relax and took my mind a way from other cares of the day; it reminded me about the responsibility of a real student. These reasons just about wrapped up for my interest in listening to the song.

lovelypony
#60 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 6:33:32 PM(UTC)
lovelypony

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";

IETLS 5-PART1-P.54

1.                 What’s your favourite colour? Why?

The colour I like best is white. Many Asian civilians detest white because in Eastern countries’ culture, it refers to the bereavement. Nevertheless, it is the most beautiful colour to me. All things whose colour is white always made me feel pleasant because white symbolizes simplicity and purity.

2.                 Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger?

Yes, I do. I’ve liked white since I was a child. It is the colour which has made a strong impression on me. When I was younger, I was fascinated by the image of angels with white wings and white doves. And they have still attracted me until now. It is said that a person who likes white often has a profound internal life. Maybe it is true for my circumstance.

3.                 What can you learn about a person from the colours they like?

Since colours often represent something, I think that I can guess and learn about a person’s hobbies and character to some extent by knowing the colours they like. For example, if someone likes red, I will often consider them people who are active, energetic and always desire for success. Furthermore, it is also the colour of leaders and the people who take the lead in imaginative fields.

4.                 Do any colours have a special meaning in your culture?

Yes, they do. In my culture, the colour white is the symbol of deep mourning, evil spirits and afterlife. When a person is dead, close relatives have to wear white mourning clothes at the funeral.

rzo
#61 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:16:57 AM(UTC)
rzo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

IELTS 5  Page 54

Part I

What's your favorite colour?

I love black because of many reasons. The first reason is personal. I'm not good at fashion and I don'n know how to have a good combination when I have to choose clothes. Therefore, black becomes my best choice because it can be easy to be mixed with other colours. In addition, black represents powerful and mysterious things.

Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger?

In my oppinion, thoughts and interests of people, include me, are change over time. When I was a child, I was so in love with white. However,day by day, I realized that my real favorite is black

What can you learn about a person from the colours they like?

In my point of view,every colour has it own meanings. When you know someone's favorite colour, you can guess a little about their characteristics. For example, red for brave people, purple for romances and black for mysterious ones

Do any colours have a special meaning in your culture

Yes, in my country, there are some particular meanings of colours. Red means good luck and happiness. Therefore it is used in decoration of weddings or opening ceremonies. In cotrast, black has led people tthink about bad things and funerals

Part II:

describe a song or a piece of music you like

"Don't cry Joni" is one of my favorite songs. It was sung by Conway Twitty and Joni Lee. Seven years ago, I heard it first when I was in TOEFL class, this was our listening exercise. The song tells us about a story between two neighbors, Jimmy and Joni. When Jonni was a little girl, she was in love with Jimmy. Unfortunately, Jimmy wanted to be a man with a success career first and for that reason, he denied her love. However, after five years living away from his hometown, Jimmy realized that Joni is his life's true love but it was too late. Joni has got married with Jimmy best friend. The sad ending of the story reminds me that there are two important things in every person's life which are love and career. If you focus too much on one thing, you might lose the other. Overall, Ilove it because of this smooth rhythm and meaningful lyric

2 users thanked rzo for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 12/3/2010(UTC), trasua on 10/3/2011(UTC)
ashley.tv
#62 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:58:22 PM(UTC)
ashley.tv

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

PART 2:

Describe a song or a piece of music you like

The song I like best is “Áo trắng ngời sáng tương lai”. There are some reasons for this. Firstly, the lyric is simple but meaningful, which tells about the children who wish to go to school with white shirt but they can’t because of their miserable lives. Secondly, its melody is soft so I can listen to this song in order to relax and subsequently I feel comfortable. Lastly, this song has a strong attachment to memories of  my class A1with my friends. In addition, it is the first time I have listened to this song. This is also the first time I have listened to his singing voice, which is greatly excellent. In grade 10, my class performed this song in 20/11 competition. Although we didn’t win a prize, it was the best in our view.  Now whenever I hear this song, it makes me remember my friends, my school and our nice memories. I love this song not only because of my avocation but it is also a memory.

1 user thanked ashley.tv for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 12/3/2010(UTC)
phan_truc
#63 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 6:16:43 AM(UTC)
phan_truc

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 10 post(s)

SPEAKING TEST 2, IELTS 5

22.000 words

idioms

PART 1:

What’s your favorite colour? [Why?]

Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]

What you can learn about a person from the colours they like?

PART 2:

Describe a song or a piece of music you like.

You should say:

what the song or music is

what kind of song or music it is

where you first heard it

And explain why you like it.

PART 3:

Music and young people

What kinds of music are popular with young people in your culture?

What do you think influences a young person’s taste in music?

How has technology affected the kinds of music popular with young people?

Music and society

Tell me about any traditional music in your culture.

How important is it for a culture to have musical traditions?

Why do you think countries have national anthems or songs?

PART 1:

What’s your favorite colour? [Why?]

My favorite colour is green. I have many reasons why I like green. Firstly, green stands for vitality and fresh. Therefore, I feel very comfortable and dynamic when seeing green. Secondly, because of that fact that Vietnam has tropical climate, it’s quite hot. If I see green or use green things, everyone and I can mitigate the hot feeling and feel better.

Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]

No, I don’t. When I was a little girl, my favorite colour was pink, which was the same as other little girls’. I liked it just because it was beautiful and most girls loved it. However, as I become mature, my vocations gradually depend on my characters and aptitudes. I like green because it makes me fun when seeing it and not because everyone likes it.

What you can learn about a person from the colours they like?

In my opinion, we can tell something about a person through his favourite colours. I had read an article saying that “Let me know your colours. I will tell you who you are.” Green says that you are a faithful person. If you like red, you are very dynamic. If your favorite colour is grey, you are indecisive and not so confident. Blue says that you are sensitive and live with all passion. In general, the exactitude of these confirmations are just relative. 

Yes, they do. In my country, red symbolizes luck and happiness in my country. It is the reason why in Lunar New Year, which is a traditional festival in my country, most people use many red things such as clothes, shoes, etc. They want to be lucky and happy during a new year. Besides, it is also the reason why people avoid dressing  in red clothes when coming to funerals.

PART 2:

The song which makes a good impression on me is “True friend” of Miley Cyrus. It belongs to pop music. Therefore, it is easy to listen to and become popular. I like it because of many reasons. Firstly, it reminds me of my best friend. About 3 years ago, my chum and I had such a serious dispute that I supposed we could not become reconciled. On that day, when I checked my e-mail, I inadvertently discovered her e-mail, in which she sent me only a song named “True friend”. Notwithstanding the fact that I was very angry with her, my anger flew away right away when I enjoyed this song. It was like an apology to me. This song was like our reconciler. Secondly, the lyric of the song is very meaningful. It teaches me that a close friend is a gift that God gives us. Therefore, it is indispensable for us to respect and protect our permanent friendship. It says that “A true friend, you are here to the end” which I like best in the song. And last but not least what I want to say is that if you have already had a best friend, let upgrade your relationships. Otherwise, you will regret for the rest of your lives.

PART 3:

What kinds of music are popular with young people in your culture?

Nowadays, young adults in my country enjoy kinds of music galore. The first is pop music which is also liked by most people because it is easy to enjoy. Secondly, other sorts such as R&B, Hip-hop and folk music are popular with young people. This is a pity that folk music which is the precious traditional music in my culture is not enjoyed as much as other modern music.

What do you think influences a young person’s taste in music?

As I see it, many aspects influence a young’s person’s taste in music. Firstly, it is characters that play a vital role in affecting the music they want to enjoy. If they are soft people, they like the smooth music like pop, country. However, if they are dynamic, they will choose rock, hip-hop, etc. Secondly, their feelings can influence their music taste. The person who is sad wants to listen to melodious music which can touch their feelings. Besides, the people who are extremely happy choose animated music to listen to.

How has technology affected the kinds of music popular with young people?

In my opinion, technology has an essential part in making the kinds of music popular with young people. As the technological age advances, technology can make the versions of a song better than the original. Therefore, the kinds of music use technological effects are better and popular than ones not using technology. The second influence is that Internet and Social network affect considerably the kinds of music popular. The musical products which have enormous advertising campaign on the Internet or Social network will be welcomed and enjoyed by many young people.

Tell me about any traditional music in your culture.

► One of the eminent music in my culture is “Cải lương”, which originated from Southern Vietnam. A Cải lương performance has many similar features to a drama. However, actors or actresses sing in Cải lương performances instead of speaking in dramas. They sing in a very eminent way which is different from the ways of singing of singers. A performance cannot lack the appearance of many instruments such as 16-chord zither and Vietnamese two-chord fiddle. I suppose you will certainly be attracted by Cải lương performances.

How important is it for a culture to have musical traditions?

► In my opinion, musical traditions influence a culture in many aspects. Firstly, music plays a vitally important role in human’s lives. Therefore, it is essential for a culture to have musical traditions. Secondly, it is a pride to be the civilians of  the country which has musical traditions. Lastly, traditional music is a good way to remind the residents of their own countries’ culture, which needs to be preserved and upgraded.

Why do you think countries have national anthems or songs?

► Well, in my opinion, there are several reasons for this fact. Firstly, having national anthems is a traditional custom for each independent nations. In many special internal and external ceremony , the national anthem will be played to represent each country, which helps distinguish one from others. Secondly, singing national anthems is a pride of each citizen. Each national song can contain some outstanding meaning. Therefore, national anthems will probably be preserved in the future.

Edited by user Friday, December 03, 2010 6:17:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked phan_truc for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 12/3/2010(UTC)
funny_fox
#64 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2010 5:57:51 AM(UTC)
funny_fox

PART 1/77- IELTS 5

Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening?

In my opinion, I prefer relaxing at home to going out in the evening because of many reasons. Firstly, after all day I have to study at school, I just like to go home, hang out on my sofa and watch TV. Secondly, only at home can I feel relax completely. Moreover, I can talk to other members in my family, which makes my family stick together.

When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?

Actually, I rarely go out for an evening. I usually just go out when I have an appointment with my chums. At that time, I like to go to a milk tea store, chat with my friends or go for a stroll. Sometimes, I also want to go to the cinema and enjoy a new film.

How popular is this with other people in your country?

I am not sure but I think that nowadays, many people, especially young adults usually like to go out more than stay at home. I also think milk tea store or the cinema is one of the most popular places people want to go.

Is there any kind of entertainment you do not like?

Today, with the development of the society, there are kinds of entertainment galore. You can play some sports; go to the cinema or bar club. If you do not like going out, you can just be at home and watch television. Personally, I do not hate any kind of entertainment  because every kind has its interest.

PART 1/77- IELTS 5

In my opinion, I prefer relaxing at home to going out in the evening because of many reasons. Firstly, after all day I have to study at school, I just like to go home, hang out on my sofa and watch TV. Secondly, only at home can I feel relax completely. Moreover, I can talk to other members in my family, which makes my family stick together.

Actually, I rarely go out for an evening. I usually just go out when I have an appointment with my chums. At that time, I like to go to a milk tea store, chat with my friends or go for a stroll. Sometimes, I also want to go to the cinema and enjoy a new film.

I am not sure but I think that nowadays, many people, especially young adults usually like to go out more than stay at home. I also think milk tea store or the cinema is one of the most popular places people want to go.

Today, with the development of the society, there are kinds of entertainment galore. You can play some sports; go to the cinema or bar club. If you do not like going out, you can just be at home and watch television. Personally, I do not hate any kind of entertainment  because every kind has its interest.

1 user thanked funny_fox for this useful post.
CAPTAIN BEAR on 12/27/2010(UTC)
rzo
#65 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:15:50 AM(UTC)
rzo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Normal

false
false
false

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

SPEAKING PAGE 77 IELTS 5 

PART I

Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening? Why?

I prefer to relax at home because of many reasons. Firstly, I’m out of my home whole day, and I want to have time with my family in my house. In every evening, my family has many activities. We have dinner together and share many funny things after a tired working day. Then I can teach my young brother, help my mother to complete the housework and watch football or news with my dad. This is a wonderful time in a day with me. Secondly, I don’t want to go out much because the traffict jams are always big troubles.

When I go out with my friends, I always have a lot of funny things to do. We can go shopping, eating what we love and chatting. However, the activity that I like most is going to a coffeeshop with my friends. I have two close friends and we both love a coffeeshop named Trầm. We go there whenever we have free time. It’s a chance to enjoy our favorite drinks, relax and have fun with each other

Yes, many people in my country love to go to a coffeeshop, especially people of the same age group with me. However, there are still some differences such as the style of the coffeeshop and the main reason to go there as well

In my opinion, every kind of entertainment has it own upside and downside. We just have to balance between working and entertaining. Actually, if I have to choose a kind of entertainment that I don’t like, I wil say this is game online. In this kind, eveything is not true but it steals time and money from real life and it can make you become a game addict

Edited by user Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:19:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked rzo for this useful post.
ashley.tv
#66 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:24:11 PM(UTC)
ashley.tv

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

ielts 5_ test 3

part 1:

-          Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening? [Why?]

If I am given the choice of preference either relaxing at home or going out in the evening, I will pick the first alternative. There are some reasons for this. First of all, I am the apple of my parents’ eyes so they take care of me so carefully and if I go out in the evening, it makes them more worried about me. Second, I go out almost all day which is reason why I want to spend my evening being at home with my family. Lastly, there are some dangers in going out in the evening. Therefore, seldom do I go out in the evening.   

-          When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?

My vocations are noshing, going to café, shopping and chatting with my friends. And I like to have a huge bash at night with my friends, which is the opportunity for us to gather together so as to share things with each other. I also enjoy going out for dinner with my family in the restaurant.

-          How popular is this with other people in your country?

In my country, I realize that almost young adults enjoy going out in the evening more than children and late adulthood. Especially, on the holiday, the streets are full of people. Most young people enjoy going out in the evening more than in the morning because they think it is interesting.

-          Is there any kind of entertainment you do not like?

I abhor to go to bar because it is very noisy, which makes me have a headache and more stress. There are also bad things and misdeeds there. In my view, a bar is complicated place so it is not appropriate for me in order to relax.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:25:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ashley.tv for this useful post.
Pe_(v)j
#67 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 8:04:13 AM(UTC)
Pe_(v)j

IELTS 5_ TEST 3

PART 1:

In my opinion, I like relaxing at home because I can listen to my favorite songs, read books and sleep. Futhermore, quiet atmosphere at home makes me feel comfortable when relaxing. Going out in the evening is not my choice because it is too noisy, crowded and dangerous.

When going out for an evening, I like to go with my chums and coffee shop is a place which we usually go to. We drink delicious beverage and chat together. We often discuss learning and share our feelings. Sometimes, I like to walk in the park which is a stone's throw away from my house to see people and outdoor activities galore.

It's very likely that people in my country usually go to the coffee shop in the evening, especially young people. They go with their friends to relax or discuss something. Besides, there are also many people going out to have dinner with their families. To elderly, they prefer staying at home to watch television or jogging in the park.

Personally, I do not like playing violent video games. Many people think that it is a way to ralax but I do not think so. These games can affect to players' behaviors. In games, the characters have to fight against the others to survive so players are driven with characters in their battles. It makes players become more aggressive.

1 user thanked Pe_(v)j for this useful post.
annypham
#68 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 10:10:20 AM(UTC)
annypham

Normal

false
false
false

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

IELTS 5 - SPEAKING TEST 3:  page 77

Part 1:

-         Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening? (Why?)

After a long working day, I prefer relaxing at home to recover energy and mental power for the next working day. I suppose that human operating structure is the most complicated machine, therefore, we should let ourselves rest from a long strenuous day. However, I prefer going out to enjoy our living in the weekend. Weekend is the time for everyone to hang out with their friends and to take care of themselves.

-         When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?

For a going out evening, I usually start with a lavish dinner with my friends. Then, we will find some nice place to have a talk, such as a beautiful coffee bar with live music, or, we will see a movie in the cinema. After that, if we have inspiration, maybe we will find a bar or a club to dance. My favourite place is Acoustic Bar or The Factory Bar with live rock concert. We can mix with the music and sing out loud there (or you can call it “yell&rdquoWink. All stress and sadness will be flown away!

-         How popular is this with other people in your country?

With most young people in HCM city, this is very popular and it seems that other young people are doing the same as we do. The places we go to are always crowded with young people. In some famous places, we have to stand all the time because there is no vacant seat.

-         Is there any entertainment you do not like? (Why? /Why not?)

I think it is online games. I admit that I am never good at games, but it is not the reason. I don’t like online games because of its evils. The original idea of online game is a kind of entertainment to waste your free time, to relax. It is becoming a global culture phenomenon. However, there are more and more people, especially the youth, are addicted to online games. Time for studying or working is appropriated by online games. It also affects health and awareness of young people. It is also the cause of violence, housebreaking, robbery and so on.

1 user thanked annypham for this useful post.
betiteo
#69 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:08:46 PM(UTC)
betiteo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Speaking test 3, part 1- sách IELTS 5

1. Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening? [Why?]

I like relaxing at home more than going out in the evening because there are many traffic problems, which get on my nerves in my areas, such as traffic jams, or inundated streets when it rains. However, I also like to go out with my friends from time to time.

2. When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?

Although I do not often go out in the evening, I also like to go out to eat or have a one-night stand with my friends. Besides, it is a very relaxing experience to go for a long walk, listen to some kinds of nice music in my little radio.

3. How popular is this with other people in your country?

In my opinion, it is rather popular for young people in my country to go out in the evening. However, it still depends on other factors, such as age groups and hobbies.

4. Is there any kind of entertainment you do not like? [Why/Why not?]

Yes, the kinds of entertainments that I do not like are dancing and singing. I do not know how to dance and sing very well. Therefore, I feel uncomfortable when I am in clubs or karaoke bars.

1 user thanked betiteo for this useful post.
Hoa Ngọc Trâm
#70 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 6:19:49 PM(UTC)
Hoa Ngọc Trâm

IELTS – SPEAKING – TEST 3 – PART 1

û        Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening? Why?

I like both options. During the week, I prefer to stay at home. I really enjoy just cooking a great meal for my family and watching a good film together. It gives us time to be peaceful and pleasure after a hard working day. At the weekend, I also like going out to with my friends, but that is not as relaxing as a cozy evening in. I guess I am considered a homebody.

û       When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?

Firstly, I like go to downtown and stroll to watch people on the streets. Secondly, I hang out to dinner only because I cook all week long and occasionally, I like to have someone else serve me. Sometimes to stir things up a bit, try some dessert or ice cream I have never tried before. Lastly, I just go out for a fine movie but it is not what I do every weekend.

û      How popular is this with other people in your country?

In my opinion, it is rather similar to teenagers and young adults in my country. The youth like going out to have activities galore with their friends or clubs after a stressful working week. On other hand, in late adulthood, they prefer to stay at home to take care of their houses as well as make use of their rare free time to enjoy with their family.

û        Is there any kind of entertainment you do not like? Why? Why not?

No. To me, entertainment consists of many activities that permit me to amuse myself. I like most kinds of entertainment such as movie, music, sports, or games that are considered my hobbies in my leisure time. They provide a lot of fun, enjoyment and laughter that are a good way to enrich my mental life and supply me many innovative ideas in my work.

Edited by user Monday, December 13, 2010 6:25:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Hoa Ngọc Trâm for this useful post.