englishtimeenglishtimeenglishtime
Most Viewed Topics

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

greendreamland
#1 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 7:43:49 AM(UTC)
greendreamland

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 15 post(s)

I. Choose the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words:

1. a. lasting              b. quality                c. gossip                d. influence
  2. a. incapable         b. constancy           c. enthusiasm         d. impossible
  3. a. unselfishness    b. refreshment         c. relationship        d. principle
  4. a. remain             b. insist                    c. indeed               d. feature
  5. a. changeable      b. uncertain              c. mutual               d. inside
  6. a. interview         b. medium                c. studious            d. sincere
  7. a. eager              b. forehead               c. handsome         d. patient
  8. a. embarrassing   b. extremely             c. imagine             d. affacted
  9. a. situation          b. complain              c. discuss              d. imitate
  10. a. underline         b. similar                  c. discovered        d. appreciate
  11. a. memorable      b. birthday               c. selfish                d. present
  12. a. anniversary      b. candle                 c. celebrate           d. perhaps
  13. a. couple             b. silver                   c. milestone          d. occasion
  14. a. decoration       b. informal               c. recued              d. discussion
  15. a. humour            b. invite                   c. protect              d. icing

II. Choose the word that has the underlined letter pronounced differently from the rest:

1. a. learned             b. opened               c. listened             d. happened
  2. a. laughed             b. remembered       c. travelled           d. ordered
  3. a. laughs               b. lulls                     c. remembers       d. eagers
  4. a. means               b. opens                 c. listens               d. wanting
  5. a. changed            b. watched             c. brushed            d. finished
  6. a. village               b. church                c. jungle               d. change
  7. a. watch               b. match                 c. catch                d. jam

III. Put the verd in brackets in a correct form:

1. Relationship between them, Luis and Rosa, was (love) .....................................
  2. Late winter, the birds (fly) ...................... in the blue sky because spring already (come) ..................................
  3. We (try, construct) .................................. the lesson, but Jane (destroy) ............................. all yesterday. It (be) ...................................... no good (try) .............................................
  4. They (guess) ............................... me would (be, fail) ..............................................
  5. People were looking forward to (sudsidize) ................................. for jobless.
  6. We were jovial when we (hear, say) ............................................ that all (lecture) ......................................
  7. Tiger (carry) ............................................. to forest after it (confine) .................................. on cage.
  8. John (relize) ........................ that he was at fault Lina, so he (avoid, meet) .................................... her. Inspite of (see) ............................. her, he (pretend, see) ................................... her. That thing (happen) ....................... a month ago.
  9. You (enjoy, go) ................................................................ to see a movie with me? Yesterday, Peter (ask) .................. Wendy.
  10. They (seem, like) ........................................... me because I always made them (surprise) ..................................
  11. Yesterday, Mary (plan, work) ................................... during the day. The first, she (have, do) ............................... housework then was (study) ..............................................
  12. Last year, John told me that he (not know) ........................................ about the love. And now he so, he still (know) ......................... what about love yet.
  13. I (fell) .......................... very depressed when you (repeat) ........................ a problem. You (make, lose) ............... .......................the inspiration.
  14. Normally, he had to (punish) ............................... due to the mistakes that he (quarrel) .......................................
  15. Would you mind your (talk) .............................? Oh! Don't wrong!
  16. I (see, peform) you .............................. on TV. I remember that I (drink) ....................... at that time.
  17. Would you like (eat) ............................. ice cream?
  18. By 2008, I (select, sing) ............................ on big events. But now I hadn't.
  19. The teacher (recommend) ............................ me that I (have, do) ............................ my homeworks.
  20. He (not, be worth, receive) .............................. that prize.
  21. I (know) ....................... what you (need) .............................. now after everything (happen) .................................
  22. Sometime (keep, belive) ............................. will help more (understand) ................................ each other.
  23. I (threaten, kill) .............................................. yesterday. I (be) ............................. very afraid.
  24. My parents allowed me (visit) .......................... my grandmother yesterday.
  25. I (allow, visit) ................................... my grandmother by my parents (agree).........................................yesterday.
  26. (make) .................................. a fuss was a shouldn't thing.
  27. Kevil (promise, care) ................................... about teammate's son when he were moribund. At that time still (war) ......................................
  28. (expect) ...................................... so much, surely you were very like!
  29. (offer) .................................... have to stop (work) ........................., he (feel) ...................................... so adsurd.
  30. We (decide, implement) ................................. the plan early more.

Sponsor
English Time